Job Offer : Sales specialist (life science / biotech area)
CILcare is a leading global R&D services company, CRO, specialized in Hearing and Otic Disorders. The only expert CRO, which supports Pharmas, Biotechs and Medtechs to develop health solutions for people suffering from hearing loss, tinnitus and otitis.
CILcare tests the efficacy and safety of drug candidates and devices on preclinical models of tinnitus, hearing loss and ENT disorders and provides consultancy to define preclinical and clinical study protocols.
The projects CILcare’s team works on for clients are very exciting. They address a niche market with a rapidly growing demand. Indeed, more than 15% of the world population is currently affected by hearing disorders, one in three people over 65. This represents a huge medical need with no answer currently on the market. Lots of Pharma/Biotech/Medtech actors have started looking at entering this market and some are already very well established.
Created in 2014, the Headquarter and the labs are located in Montpellier (South of France), with offices in Paris within the site of the “Voir & Entendre” charity foundation. As of 2017, CILcare has also launched a US-based company in the Boston area with both labs and business skills. The three founders have a strong industrial background and have headed different R&D departments in the big Pharma Sanofi. Today’s team is composed of Engineers and Ph. Ds, who have developed competencies in hearing research, placing CILcare ahead of possible upcoming competitors.
CILcare’s development is advancing very quickly, and the recruitment of additional talents like yourself, is key to keeping the leadership of the market and making the team stronger. If your talents, interests and knowledge reside in the life sciences or otology markets, we would like to hear from you.
Starting date: March 2018
We are looking for a motivated Sales Specialist to expand CILcare’s business activities, to ensure its growth through the signature of new clients.
You will be tasked with generating business for CILcare's preclinical services, executing sales-related activities, and strengthening CILcare’s network. The purpose of this role is to present and promote services to potential clients including new accounts, new business opportunities with existing accounts with the objective of establishing long-term, mutually beneficial business partnerships.
Ideal candidates will have exceptional commercial skills and a background in Life Sciences, ideally with experience of selling preclinical services.
The duties attached to the role of Sales Specialist include but are not limited to:
• Sell CILcare’s preclinical services • Achieve annual sales plans and sales targets January 2018
• Establish, nurture and grow CILcare’s client database: identify and sign new clients, follow-up on existing accounts
• Set and manage customer expectations: collaborate with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction
• Recognize and communicate other sales opportunities
• Provide quotations in line with client and company requirements
• Develop account plans and partnerships with key accounts
• Maintain frequent one to one contact with clients • Use “CILcare’s CRM” and “sharing tools” to manage internal communication, documentation and client information as required
• Provide weekly sales activity reports to management.
• Develop client interaction cycles to achieve objectives and sales plans; follow up on leads.
• Lead presentations
• Manage budget and spending
• Provide general intelligence on market and key competitors
• Attend some major conferences and events to support business development and increase CILcare visibility
We’re looking for an ambitious candidate, who is able to balance and effectively organize and prioritize their time in order to meet objectives and deadlines, who has enough experience to work in autonomy and at ease with reporting to management. You will be very professional with a natural sense of service, and proficient in influencing and communication techniques. There will be limited management supervision and direction, as you will drive results and operate based at home.
We will be particularly attentive to recruit someone with exceptional commercial skills and a background in Life Science, with an ability to convey information clearly and provide analyses as needed to help customers make buying decisions:
• Graduated in life science and business field preferred
• Advanced Pharma/Biotech/Medtech knowledge
• Knowledge in the hearing domain is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow CILcare’s client base
• Demonstrated client retention skills
• Demonstrated ability to write scientific rationales and screen product pipelines
• Experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical, biotech and medtech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
• Ability to differentiate CILcare from competitors and to perform competitive intelligence
• Ability to manage difficult client situations
• Enjoy working with CILcare’s internal management and team
• Strong writing skills to synthetize information, write down minutes and regular reports
• Willingness to travel abroad
• Fluent English
• Ability to manage clients in a multicultural environment
Celia BELLINE, Chief Executive Officer